St. Patrick's Parish, 1837 - 2012
Monsignor Henry Kriegel's new book about the history of St. Patrick's Parish references Dickson Tavern. "Once a hotel the tavern is now home to the architectural offices of Kidder Wachter Architecture & Design." The book also mentions that before any Catholic Churchs existed in Erie, "Father Phelan came to erie from Butler in 1827 and celebrated Mass in the Dickson Tavern. As the Irish immigrants grew in number, they began to congregate in this house in 1837."